Monday, June 5, 2023

 Hurting Hero

Coming not long after Memorial Day and in time for the Fourth of July, Hurting Hero is the story of a wounded warrior who struggles with his new identity as a man in a wheelchair. He almost gives up before a young military widow makes him take a closer look at his attitude. It's a feel-good story that you won't want to miss, and you may just fall in love with Trace Durham. He turned out to be a wonderful main character. Hurting Hero publishes on June 12 and is available for preorder now.

Link to Hurting Hero

The Audible edition is also ready. However, I just got an email from ACX, saying that, because of some temporary changes with Audible, they were delaying its release until June 10. Jared Walters, one of my favorite producers, narrated this one for me, and he always does a great job. With an announcer and theater background, he has both a smooth, easy-to-listen-to voice and the ability to correctly interpret the story. Being from Western Tennessee, his accent and cadence also fit many of my stories set in the South and the West. 

This is my last book in the Small Town Holiday Romances series. I came into this MAP late and took the available two slots that I didn't already have a book scheduled near. The Prodigal Pastor published in late January as a Valentine's Day book, but it's equally appropriate for any time of year. Jared produced that book too. These are the only two contemporary novels I've published lately. Although, as an English and history teacher, I love historicals, it's fun to write one that doesn't require quite as much research now and then.

Link to the Prodigal Pastor

_____________________________

2 comments: