Monday, October 12, 2020

Audible Delays

I'm an Audible fan, both as a listener and an author. Not counting the books my publisher has put on Audible, I have personally published 16 audibles so far. However, as much as I enjoy the process of producing an audiobook, I find some parts frustrating.

With Summer's Songs was my first audible, and it was released on July 14, 2017. At that time, it was taking ACX about 2 - 3 weeks to approve a book, which fell within their timeframe of taking up to 20 business days. However, the amount of time has continued to increase, and I don't understand it. If their business is increasing, why don't they hire enough staff to take care of it?

I currently have 3 books in the ACX queue to be approved. My narrator finished and submitted From the Top of the Mountain to the Bottom of the Sea on August 9. On September 29, they returned it for a "correction" that the narrator couldn't find. But he added a little time where they noted, although what he had was within their specs, and resubmitted it. We are still waiting.

Maneuvers, the novel set during World War II was submitted on August 29, and we've heard nothing about it. Time-Told Tales, Volume Two was submitted on September 22. I now have Buy the Book in production, and it's about a third finished. I am producing them much faster than ACX is approving them. This increasing wait-time is getting ridiculous and quite frustrating.  I'm hoping that one of the above books will be released soon and that things will improve.


_________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment