Monday, August 10, 2020

Maneuvers

I am thrilled to announce that Maneuvers, set during World War II, has just been released. The novel is special to me for several reasons. First of all, a dear friend gave me the idea for some of the characters from reminiscing about her childhood memories about the military maneuvers in the Oakboro, NC, area just prior to Pearl Harbor and the United States' entry into the war. 


However, I still didn't understand what a big deal this was until I began my research. The military top brass realized that changes needed to be made from the way they fought World War I. Just prior to the Carolina maneuvers, there had been maneuvers in Louisiana, but those hadn't gone well. This was their last chance to get it right, and even General Patton came for a visit. I found it fascinating how the small communities welcomed the troops.


In the book, Paul Martin joined the Army to escape the harsh conditions at home. When orders sent him to the Carolinas for training maneuvers, he doesn’t know what to expect. He didn’t expect to find strong friends or the girl of his dreams. But with trouble at home, the war raging in Europe, and the possibility of the United States being pulled into the conflict, the future looms uncertain. Paul and Donna's story will linger in the minds of readers long after the last page is turned.

Maneuvers - https://www.amazon.com/Maneuvers-Janice-Cole-Hopkins-ebook/dp/B08F9RQLKR

_______________________________


2 comments: