Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Pardon Audible


I am happy to announce that Pardon, the last book in The Farmers trilogy, is finally out on audible. This makes all three books (Promise, Peace, and Pardon) available in print, ebooks, and audible. It has taken longer than I expected because we started work on it in June and finished in December, but it has taken ACX a month to review and release it, which is much longer than any of my others. 


I am pleased with the job Jerry Kyle Jones has done in narrating and producing this audible. He is a voice actor and radio personality who lives in Georgia with his wife and five children. He says, "I have always had a passion for performing and using my God-given talents to entertain people." His performances have won numerous awards, including the 2017 GABBY award from the Georgia Association of Broadcasters for excellence in broadcasting. He does a fantastic job with the black dialects in Pardon and with varying his voice for the different characters. He was easy to work with and very responsive to any messages I sent. I hope he and I can work together on another book sometime in the near future.













I chose different narrators for each book in this series to represent the different main characters. In Pardon, everyone's story is wrapped up, although this book is mainly Kevin's story. Knowing that he’s about to be taken back into the foster care system, he runs away to live on the streets. He sees himself as the outcast anyway, because his brother and sister are the perfect ones while he’s always struggled. Things go well to start with, but he soon learns firsthand how dangerous the streets can be. Along the way, he has to confront his own prejudices, and he comes to realize he’s had a distorted view in the past. Life is full of surprises, and Kevin will face his share of them as he moves into his future. As with all my books, Pardon can also be read as a standalone.

As a reward to my blog readers, I will gift a code for a free copy of any one of the audible books in The Farmers series to the first several ones requesting it. Just email me at janicecolehopkins@gmail.com. Please leave an Amazon review if you enjoy it. You can check them out on the books tab here or on Amazon.
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment