Wednesday, July 12, 2017

An Audible Experience
Audible cover


Well, I've done it. The producer and I finished the project for my first audible book on Amazon last week, and ACX is now reviewing its technical quality. Hopefully, With Summer's Songs won't need tweaking and will be released in a few days. 



Voice too mature and sad
I am the type of person who
learns best by doing, so I just dived in without knowing much about the process, but I had a good experience. I first posted the project trying to attract producers, another word for narrator. I did have one lady audition, but her voice sounded too old for my main character, and she sounded sad and gloomy. 


After that, I decided to actively seek my own narrator by listening to the samples they've posted on ACX. The first one I asked to audition was afraid to give me her email address and appeared difficult to work with, so I declined and continued to look. I found Elisabeth Lagelee, liked her audition, and offered her a contract, which she accepted. She turned out to be a good choice. Here is the recommendation I gave her:

I chose Elisabeth Lagelee to read my book for audible publication because of her clear and expressive voice, and I've been very pleased. She worked diligently without complaint to get it right and finished well within the time frame of our contract. She is easy to work with, listens to all suggestions, and tries to please. I am very impressed with her and her work ethic and would highly recommend her.

The project turned out to be time consuming. I must have listened to the book through about three times before we finished.  I also had to design a square audio cover for it. However, all went well, and I found it very satisfying. I would be willing to put another one out after we get With Summer's Songs released. I'll post notices as soon as this one comes out, and you can have a look.
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment