Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Promise

I'm almost ready to release Promise, the first book in my new contemporary trilogy, The Farmers. This is actually the first book I wrote, and I've gone back to edit and revise it numerous times. Although, my first love is historical fiction, this series holds a special place in my heart, and it's quite different than the other six books I've published. Edna and Floyd Farmer also live much like people did in a much earlier time, so it has a touch of history.
The novel is about Isaac, a teen in the inner city who gets into trouble for stealing a car and is sent to live with an older, farm couple for six months. Although he tries to stay out of trouble, so he can get back to take care of his younger brother and sister, trouble seems to find him. He thinks when he accepts Christ into his life, things will get easier, but it doesn't. As he struggles to stay true to his new-found faith, prejudice and city friends threaten to pull him astray. How can someone used to taking care of himself and his siblings learn to give God control?


This is the first book I wrote after I retired from teaching, and I pulled heavily from my years of experience in the classroom. It, as do all of my books, has a definite ending, but Promise sets the stage for the two others that follow. I'm planning on announcing its release around February 2, but it's listed on online sites, by distributors, and in bookstores now for those interested.

(As with all books, all my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children.)
___________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment