Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Quality More Than Quantity


I think it's natural for writers to want to sell lots of books. I'm hoping my do well for two main reasons. First of all, I hope they will glorify God and inspire, encourage, and touch hearts for Him. Then, since all my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children, I want that charity to do well.


However, I'm reminded over and over again that quality is more important than quantity. All my books have five-star ratings on Amazon, and that gives me a broad grin. A new review on When Winter Is Past (which is just 99 cents this week) said, "Warm and so beautiful. I couldn't put the book down. I learned much about trusting in God. Love surely conquers all...." This reviewer certainly warmed my heart, and this is what it's all about.



My books have sold well and continue to do so, but they don't have to become best sellers for me to feel successful. Comments from readers that tell ways the stories touched them and how much they enjoyed the books mean even more than the numbers. This is what keeps me writing.

Books published so far -
Cleared for Planting
Sown in Dark Soil
Uprooted by War
Transplanted to Red Clay (coming)
When Winter Is Past
________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment