Monday, February 19, 2024

 I Make No Apologizes for Writing Christian Romance

In the publishing/writing world, the romance category is often put at the bottom of the list in regard to significance or importance, not that it's not a big category with many readers. I don't understand this. When we get down to the basics, all of us want to be accepted and loved. We may carry baggage that makes us see things differently, but love is a powerful force. Even the Apostle Paul said, "The greatest of these is love." According to him, love is greater than faith or hope.

God called me to be a Christian writer, and I proudly write for His glory. I can look back at my life and see how He was training me for this, but of course, I didn't recognize it at the time. Not only do my books provide clean, wholesome reading for entertainment, but each one also delivers a message or messages, and I hope they also motivate, inspire, and encourage readers to draw closer to God. All except two of the 70 (and these are Christian non-fiction, which show God's love) I've written so far are romances, but some have only a touch, while others have more.

I have 11 inspirational romances scheduled for 2024, and 10 Christian romances and one Christian non-fiction for 2025. I am happy to be largely a Christian romance author, and the peace and joy I find when I'm writing them let me know I'm doing the right thing. And I say with all sincerity, "To God be the glory!"
_______________________


No comments:

Post a Comment