Thursday, October 5, 2023

 

Transforming

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

...in the spiritual realm, there is a balm. There is a transfusion. His name is Jesus. Your renewing started the day He transfused you with His life and came to live in you by your invitation. But when we deliberately expose our hearts to His tender transforming love, the process accelerates. When we immerse our thoughts in His Word and let its living, active power suffuse our minds and recreate our thought patterns, the process set in motion at our new birth advances more quickly. ...

For which cause we faint not, but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day (2 Corinthians 4:16).

I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't know that Jesus loves me..., but I understand it better every day. I've realized that the more I give of myself to Him, the more His love for me becomes real in my experience, not just my theology. The power and effect of His love for me has changed me. Not simply changed my behaviors or even my attitudes but changed who I am.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2).

What was the joy set before Him? What did He have after the cross that He didn't have before the cross? What did the cross gain for Him? It gained Him you and me. Nothing else. Just us. He considered you and me worth the price He paid. You are His goal. You are His prize. Is He yours?

[Mostly taken from Prized by Jennifer Kennedy Dean]
_______________________________________










No comments:

Post a Comment