Monday, October 30, 2023

Instead of a Newsletter

Most writers have a newsletter they send out periodically to inform readers of new books or what's happening, but I've never established one. Instead, I've chosen to share the same information through blogging and social media posts. I began doing this and haven't changed the method since it seems to be working well for me. Besides, I've become so busy with my writing I haven't wanted to add another task.

Readers often delete newsletters without reading them, especially if they're pushed for time. I know because I do the same thing. On social media, they are more likely to be exposed to a graphic with preliminary information, even if they don't choose to read about it. And, by the number of likes and reactions I get, many do choose to read them. Plus, social media picks up new readers more easily than newsletters do.

I post information about my books, writing, and me as an author on my author Facebook page, Reflections - Author Janice Cole Hopkins. You'll also find my blogs there as well as on other appropriate pages. I have over a thousand followers on this page, and many are avid fans. I appreciate these people tremendously. Their support and encouragement keep me writing. 

Link to my author's Facebook page   (Please like or follow.)

____________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment