Monday, April 10, 2023

Kindle Unlimited

 was somewhat skeptical when Kindle Unlimited was first introduced, so I kept a watch on it for a while. It bothered me that I only got a little over a third of a cent for each page read in the KU program, which was less than I made for a Kindle book that sold for $2.99 and much less than my paperbacks. 

After watching it for a few months, however, I decided to give it a try. At first, I wasn't impressed with the sales, and, looking back, I think it did take the program a little time to grow and catch on. Now, I'm astounded by its success. What it loses in pay per pages read, it makes up for in volume of sales. KU is where you'll find all the avid readers because subscribing to the program costs them less than buying all the books they read.


Now, all my books are enrolled in the KU program. In the last month, 82% of my total sales came from KU, 15% from Kindle ebooks, and 3% from paperbacks, and this is typical. My initial impression of KU has been proven wrong, and my enrollment in the program has certainly paid off.

____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment