Thursday, January 28, 2021

 

Too Busy

Labor not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom (Proverbs: 23:4).

Most people live extremely busy lives. We often try to do it all - meet family obligations, be successful at work, maintain close relationships, and participate in all the things we enjoy. But too many people leave out the most important part -- God. As my husband often says, "If we're too busy for God, we're too busy."

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass (Psalm 37:5).

I'm a Christian writer. I feel this is what God has called me to do at this point in my life. I hadn't published many books before I realized I was going to have to eliminate some things. There just wasn't enough time in a day to do it all. The first things that went were television and the crafts I enjoyed. I decided I needed to write more than I needed those. The things I will never cut are my study/devotional/ prayer time with God or my church attendance. The busier I get, the more I need those.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).

God gives us all the same amount of hours in a day. It's how we schedule and use them that makes the difference. The key to happiness and real success is found in putting God first. When we make Him our top priority, everything else will fall into place. Don't ever get too busy for God.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever (1John 2:17).

______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment