Monday, January 4, 2021

 

Second-Choice Bride

Second-Choice Bride has just been released. You can find the ebook and print editions on Amazon, and I have dual narrators working on the audible version. This is the first book in a five-book series set in early New Mexico. I think the second book in the Cactus Creek series, Sterling Orphans, may be out around the end of February or the first of March.

https://www.amazon.com/
Second-Choice-Bride-Catcus-Creek-Book
-ebook/dp/B08RJZFVTT
In Second-Choice BrideAbby Carter is horrified with herself when she blurts out a marriage proposal to Preston King. A proper lady would never do such a thing, but her cousin had just jilted Preston, and she wanted to ease his hurt because she cared for him. Preston is confused but knows he needs a wife to help him ranch in New Mexico Territory, so he asks Abby to marry him. But will he ever purge Magnolia from his heart, and will they even survive the long journey west?

New Mexico Territory didn't open up to traders and settlers from the United States until Mexico won its independence from Spain in 1821. I lived in New Mexico for two years and taught school there. My husband and I bought an old adobe house and did a cosmetic remodel. I had a great time decorating in a Southwestern theme. The whole experience of what I learned living there gave me a good foundation for writing the Cactus Creek series. I think it will be as successful as my other best-selling western series, In from the Storms.


_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment