Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The Mystery of Mountain Mishap


I have a marketing mystery that I haven't been able to figure out, and it's nagging at me. One of my historical novels, Mountain Mishap, has consistently been outselling all my other ebooks for close to a year now. In fact, its sales have grown until it's not unusual for the book to sell better each month than all my other books put together.


I have seven other historical novels, so that's not the reason. There's another historical novel that the publisher has had at 99 cents for a couple of months now, and Mountain Mishap at $2.99 has been selling better, so price isn't the deciding factor. I have four other books set in the Appalachian Mountains, so it couldn't be that. I haven't advertised it as much as I have some of the other ones because I haven't needed to. And it doesn't have as many reviews than some of the others. In addition, it has 4.7 stars on Amazon, and I have books rated higher, even some with nothing but 5 stars.



I would love to know why the book has done this well so I could use the information as I publish and market others. If any of you have read it and/or have any ideas to answer my question, I would love to hear from you. In any regard, I'm extremely grateful it's doing so well. I have just started the process of producing it on audio books and have selected the narrator. We'll see if it does as well there.




______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment