Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sown in Dark Soil Shipment Arrives


Last week, Jim and I spent time at The Cove, Billy Graham's Conference Center, just east of Asheville, North Carolina. While we were gone, UPS left the shipment of Sown in Dark Soil on our front doorstep. Luckily the clerk at the local convenience store told a church member that she saw a bunch of boxes outside our house, and it looked like it might rain. He came down, got the shipment, and took them to his house for safekeeping. We got home late Friday, and Billy and his wife brought our books over Saturday.


The odd thing is I still have heard nothing from the publisher, the printer, or the delivery company that the books were dropped off. From the packing slip, I did notice that my publisher used a different printer this time than with Cleared for Planting. This printer was in Pennsylvania, and the last one was in Michigan. The one in Michigan took 4 months to print the book, and the date was extended at least 3 times. This printer got them out at the date first proposed.


It's still exciting to open that crate and see all my new books facing me. Even the new book smell that fills the air is special. I've just finished reading through the manuscript for the 3rd novel in the Appalachian Roots series, Uprooted by War, set during the Civil War. While I'm traveling over the next several days to promote the books, I'm leaving the manuscript with Jim to read through and catch any mistakes that I haven't. Then, I'll go through it at least one more time before I send it to the publisher. Hopefully, it won't be long before I'll be opening boxes of them.
____________________________________


3 comments:

  1. So excited that the new book is ready to be shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too, Eve. We've planned a signing at Oakboro Library for Nov. 7. Glenda said she was going to email you about it. I appreciate all your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too, Eve. We've planned a signing at Oakboro Library for Nov. 7. Glenda said she was going to email you about it. I appreciate all your support.

    ReplyDelete