Monday, October 5, 2026

New Rules, New Posting Style

Facebook has gotten much more aggressive about shifting its algorithm and prioritizing posts that keep users on the platform rather than sending them elsewhere. That means any post containing an external link--whether it’s to a book page, Amazon, a blog, or a website--gets quietly pushed down in visibility. Fewer people see it, fewer people engage with it, and the post simply doesn’t travel as far. It’s just how the system works now. Because of that, many creators have had to rethink how they share their work so their posts don’t get buried before anyone even has a chance to read them.


That’s why I’ve changed the way I share my own links on Facebook. Instead of placing them in the main body of the post, I now tuck them into the comments. It’s twice as time‑consuming for me, and it feels less intuitive than simply placing the link upfront. But doing it this way helps the post reach more people, keeps it from being penalized by the algorithm, and ultimately gives my content a better chance of being seen. It’s a small adjustment with a surprisingly big impact.

I do regret that this makes things slightly less convenient for you, the reader. I’ve always preferred to make access as simple and straightforward as possible. But given the way Facebook now handles outbound links, this compromise helps ensure the message actually reaches you. Hopefully, with time, we can both adjust to this new system--me taking the extra step to place the link in the comments, and you knowing exactly where to find it.

_________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment