Monday, July 27, 2026

Writing Series

Some of my readers love a series. They enjoy following familiar characters from book to book and watching their lives unfold over time. Over the years, I've written seven true series:

Appalachian Roots series

The Farmers series

In from the Storms

Another Chance series

Cactus Creek, NM series

Idioms & Clichés series

The Matchmakers - Agatha Returns 

The first novels I wrote were The Farmers trilogy, and the Appalachian Roots series became the first series I published. But because I've been writing in a lot of multiple-author projects, and most of them are standalones connected by a common theme, The Matchmaker - Agatha Returns ended up the last true series I published until now. A Match for Reece, the final book in that series, released in November 2024.

My eighth series, Disabled Daughters, is wrapping up now. It's a trilogy, and Chloe, the final book, publishes on August 4. The way my schedule has worked out, I won't have another true series until 2028, and even that may change. It could get bumped into another year because I'm trying to trim down my yearly workload. At one point, I wrote sixteen books in a single year. I reduced that to twelve, then ten, and I'm hoping to get it down to seven or eight. But series have always been close to my heart, and I plan to write more in the future. Even as my schedule changes, I'm grateful for every reader who loves following these stories as much as I love writing them. 

_________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment