Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Kindle Unlimited Sales


At the present time, I have four of my books on Kindle Unlimited, and so far, I've been disappointed in their performance. My regular Kindle sales are doing great, both in continuous sales each day and remarkable growth. However, the number of pages read on KU has been lackluster, trickling in several days apart and even flatlining once.


I know there are authors out there who've found success with Kindle Unlimited, but I wonder how many have experienced the slow sales I have. Perhaps in our busyness, it makes more sense to pay per book for what we read instead of paying for a reader-service. I guess it depends on how fast and how much you read. Quite a few books can be purchased each month for the cost of KU.


One of the reasons I don't have more of my books in the KU program is that I just recently began to publish solely on Amazon, which is a requirement for enlisting in the program. However, given the fact that KU does subtract some from direct sales, I'm wondering if it is worth it at all. So far, it doesn't seem to be for me, but that could change.
______________________________ 



2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a "one size fits all" formula, but if there is I haven't discovered it. The publishing landscape is ever-changing, and I always seem to be refiguring. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete