Wednesday, October 10, 2018

On the Road to Jericho


After publishing seven historical novels and five contemporary ones, I have just released my first Christian non-fiction. On the Road to Jericho covers the period in Jesus' life on earth when He traveled from Galilee to Jerusalem for the last time. From Jericho, Jesus will journey by foot up the steep incline and rough terrain to Jerusalem. He will enter the city amid palm branches and cheers, be arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane, stand trials, and suffer crucifixion at Golgotha. 


Knowing that the end of His time on earth is drawing near, Jesus’ teachings are especially poignant and filled with meaning. He wanted His followers to be ready for the tests and trials to come. They would need understanding to carry on His work and proclaim the gospel message across the world. We do, too, so it will be good for readers to travel along on the road to Jericho and study Jesus’ teachings.


I really need feedback on this book. I want it to be strong and meaningful, and since it is my first venture into inspirational non-fiction, I'm a little unsure. I can evaluate other writers' books, but I'm much too close to mine to have any perspective. I just pray that I wrote according to God's will and it will cause readers to be touched in a special way, recognize some of God's truths they can apply to their own lives, and grow in their faith while being encouraged and inspired.
__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment