Wednesday, August 22, 2018


Publisher's Mistake


I just had something happen that has never happened before with my books. My Appalachian Roots series is published by a traditional publisher, and they put all their fiction books on sale in July. The sale was supposed to end on July 31. However, when they got to my books, for some reason (I assume it was accidental) they only put the second book in the series, Sown in Dark Soil, back to the regular price of $4.99 on Kindle. The other three books in the series, Cleared for Planting, Uprooted by War, and Transplanted to Red Clay, remain at 99 cents.


These books continue to sell well. Just yesterday, I had someone buy the entire set of four books. In fact, Cleared for Planting continues to be the bestseller among all my print books, but that may because it was the first one published. I debated whether to mention the price discrepancy to the publisher, but I have a new book. Through the Wilderness, being released by them soon, and they will likely discover it then. They normally put some of my previous books on sale when I have a new release.




In the meantime, readers can take advantage of this mistake. Even though Sown in Dark Soil is back at regular price, they can still buy the entire set and get all four Kindle books for just $7.96 instead of the normal cost of $19.96. Don't you just love a bargain?


_____________________________


2 comments:

  1. I purchased them. They all sound very good. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Please leave an Amazon review if you can.

    ReplyDelete