Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Repackaging Books


I don't like the way some authors are repackaging their ebooks. I'm not talking about when several authors get together with each one offering one of their books in a themed package. I also like it when an author packages a series together at a better price than each book individually.


What I don't like, however, is when an author takes several of their books and makes different combinations of them in new books. This means you might think you're buying a new release, but actually, you might have read them in other combinations. One author I know even put one complete and two incomplete novels in several new listings. These are not beginning or sample chapters, but half a novel.

I must say, I don't understand this. I would think it's a good way to lose readers. I certainly don't have the same respect for those authors as I did before they started this practice. I think the best way to keep and expand readership is to give the readers an entertaining story they feel satisfied with when they get to the end. That's more rewarding to me, too.
__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment