Friday, May 5, 2017


Are You Good Enough?

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do (Romans 7:19).

Last year, I had a frustrated young man respond to one of my blogs. He seemed about to throw up his hands with trying to live a Christian life, because no matter how hard he tried, he still felt like a failure. "What is wrong with me?" he wrote. Last week at a Wednesday night prayer service, a dear little lady teared up and said, "I try my best to do what's right. That's all that I can do."

These two people express sentiments all of us have probably felt at one time or another. However, they're looking at the Christian life from a distorted perspective, one that Satan would like us to keep. It is true that we will always struggle to live a righteous life on our own, and our best will never be good enough. But that's why Jesus died on the cross. Now, it's not about us but about Him in us. 

That's why the Lord sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within us. We aren't strong enough to live the life we should, but He is. Our best is not good enough, so we let Him have control and we become more like Christ. We traded our sinfulness for Christ's righteousness, and those sins died on the cross. The more we surrender all, the more we have the power of God within us and become the person He meant for us to be. "It is no secret what God can do." Praise the Lord!

___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment